Professional Land Surveyor/ Photogrammetrist
Concord, NC, Statesville, NC
At CESI, we have a great team of welcoming and experienced individuals. We are committed to ensuring our employees have a healthy work-life balance and we strive to encourage employees to be their best. We can offer a laid back and inviting environment where employees can thrive. Since 1978, CESI has been providing Civil Engineering, Geotechnical, and Surveying services across North Carolina and other areas.
CESI is seeking a Professional Land Surveyor/Photogrammetrist for its Statesville and Concord, NC offices. The job would consist of preparing maps and reports via aerial/drome imagery for clients by utilizing state-of-the-art field equipment
The successful candidate will be:
- Communicating with and managing survey crew and office technicians.
- Utilizing aerial/drone imagery to measure and map surveys.
- Measuring and recording precise distances and angles on, above or below the land surface, including boundary points, topographical features, and other designated markers.
- Using a variety of advanced surveying equipment, AutoCAD Civil3d, and various programs necessary to collect and record data according to project requirements.
- Researching historical maps, land records, previous surveys, and land title information as needed to compare and verify current measurements.
- Resolving questions of boundary lines.
- Creating reports and maps according to customer or project requirements containing information from field measurements, boundary markers and topographical features.
- Preparing two-dimensional maps and three-dimensional surveys of property features, such as boundary lines, geological points of interest, existing structures, water features and utility lines.
- Following accepted legal procedures to establish official land and water boundaries for government agencies, real estate developers and private parties to be used during property sales, leases, and disputes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- NC PLS License or ability to obtain one within 6 months
- 1-2 years’ experience working with drones
- Experience with computer drafting programs
- Understanding of mapping concepts
- Ability to work outdoors
- AutoCAD Civil 3D and GPS experience preferred
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in surveying or civil engineering preferred
What CESI Can Offer for All Your Hard Work
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K matching
- Special discounts
- PTO and Sick Days
Please follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cesicgs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. CESI is an equal opportunity employer.