Professional Land Surveyor
Concord, NC, Statesville, NC
At CESI, we have a great team of welcoming and experienced individuals. We are committed to ensuring our employees have a healthy work-life balance and we strive to encourage employees to be their best. We can offer a laid back and inviting environment where employees can thrive. Since 1978, CESI has been providing Civil Engineering, Geotechnical, and Surveying services across North Carolina and other areas.
CESI is seeking a Professional Land Surveyor for its Statesville and Concord, NC offices. Candidates will be preparing maps and reports to provide to clients by utilizing state-of-the-art field equipment.
The successful candidate will be:
- Communicating with and managing survey crew and office technicians
- Measuring and recording precise distances and angles on, above or below the land surface
- Measuring and plotting boundary points, topographical features, and other markers
- Using advanced surveying equipment, AutoCAD Civil3d, and other programs to collect and record data according to project requirements
- Researching historical maps, land records, previous surveys, and land title information as needed to compare and verify current measurements
- Resolving boundary line questions
- Creating reports and maps according to customer or project requirements
- Preparing two-dimensional maps and three-dimensional surveys of property features
- Following accepted legal procedures to establish official land and water boundaries for a variety of companies/individuals to be used during property sales, leases, and disputes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have NC PLS License or ability to obtain one within 6 months
- Must have experience with computer drafting programs
- Must have experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Must have experience with GPS
- Must understand mapping concepts
- Must be able to work outdoors
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in surveying or civil engineering preferred
What CESI Can Offer for All Your Hard Work
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K matching
- Casual dress code
- PTO and Sick Days
Please follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cesicgs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. CESI is an equal opportunity employer.